In a letter to Obama seeking the assertion of executive privilege, Holder said the documents involved related to the Justice Department’s “response to congressional oversight and related media inquiries,” and that release of internal executive branch documents would have “significant, damaging consequences.”
Holder also said releasing the documents would “inhibit the candor of executive branch deliberations in the future and significantly impair the ability of the executive branch to respond independently and effectively to congressional oversight.”
A separate Justice Department letter to Issa made public minutes before the committee meeting was scheduled to begin Wednesday said Obama “has asserted executive privilege over the relevant post-February 4, 2011, documents.”
To Obama, Holder is a composite person just like the country is a composition of his imagination. If Congress, any Congress, would do their job and hold anyone and everyone accountable in the Executive branch when they violate the Constitution… maybe, just maybe the country has a chance. Don’t hold your breath though. Congress doesn’t hold anyone accountable. This is a banana republic.
Holder could have been giving guns to Mexicans himself with a live boy and a dead girl in his armor plated Chevy Suburban – and all Obama would have to do is sign a paper and he would walk free.
So, that leaves us to contemplate exactly what is being covered up and why.
I’ll tell you why – it’s because this is a purposeful and deliberate attack upon the Second Amendment of the Constitution by Barack Obama personally.
The answer to the current iteration of the famous Howard Baker question of Richard Nixon “what did the president know, and when did he know it?” is that he knew at the very genesis of the conspiracy because it is his conspiracy.
Holder is covering for Obama because there is no one else to take the fall.
They are hoping to run out the clock before Election Day and are betting the farm that the press will be able to keep it quiet just a little bit longer and they’ll be OK.
Except for one thing – no matter what they do, Brian Terry is still dead and it is their conspiracy that killed him.
It’s always been obvious that F&F was too stupid of a plan to have been conceived at the operative level. If it had been they would have marched the guilty parties up to the gallows by now. No, this one starts at the top with Obama, Holder, Napolitano and Ms. Smarty Pants Clinton the brains of the plan. Plausible Deniability isn’t flying. We have always said that government officials are responsible and if their people make the mistakes, they are still responsible. If we had any sort of powerhouse media challenging this it would have been over long ago and the real culprits would pay the price.
This is an act of PURE desperation. Barack Obama thinks it’s better to kick the can for now than opening it to reveal gnarly, election-costing worms. Ignorantly and rhetorically I so wonder what’s stopping these con men from just destroying the documents and have somebody take the fall as usual.